Our Green Shield team was beaten in the Quarter Final by a very strong Manly team last week. Manly scored 3-263 after winning the toss and batting on an excellent deck and moist outfield. This was a big score, however, we had topped 250 in 3 earlier games. The Manly bowling was superb with the quicks backed up by a top-class leggie and, unfortunately, we could only manage 112 all out in 35 overs. Despite the loss there were so many positives to emerge after a season of 6 wins from 8 games. We have some really talented youngsters, who will perform in our top grades in the coming seasons.
Some of the outstanding individual performances were:
- Round 1 v CC: Matt Toohey 5-19, Dylan Ranjan 3-36, Sid Singh 95*
- Round 3 v USyd: Will Sutton 70, Beau Mainey 61
- Round 4 v Penrith: Sid Singh 135, Beau Mainey 64
- Round 5 v Wests: Sid Singh 83, Joel Austin 82, Dylan Ranjan 4-11
- Round 7 v Blacktown: Nick Stanwell 3-23, Dylan Ranjan 66
The team was supported by a wonderful group of parents, the best scorer in the game; thank you Belinda, and a top effort throughout by the manager Darpan Ranjan. Nick Miller and Matt Wright must also be thanked for the huge effort that they put in as coaches. Bob Thomas deserves so much credit for again assembling the squad from all around NSW.
We hope that all the players will come into our grade teams ASAP and a big future lies ahead – you are all very talented – now up to you!!