The success of a cricket club depends as much on the involvement of people off the field as it does on the performance of players on the field. The club relies on the great work of volunteers to keep operating successfully.
Volunteer roles include:
- Team manager: Assist with preparation of drinks, lunches and afternoon teas, scoring and remarking wicket area during official breaks in play.
- Ground manager: Assist with ground and club room set up prior to play as well as pack up and lock up after play.
- Scorer: Scoring games on a Saturday and/or Sunday
- Covers: Early morning covers removal on game day and/or late afternoon assistance to put cover down during the week if rain is threatening
- Photographers: Photography at games on a Saturday and/or Sunday.
- Media: Publication of stories, reports or notices on the website / mobile app / social media.
- Events (e.g. fund-raising golf day, dinners)
Many of these roles are not very time-consuming and they help the club immensely. Volunteers enjoy the benefits available to members of the club, including access to sponsor offers, invitations to all functions and regular volunteer functions throughout the season.
Please contact the club if you are interested in volunteering for the Stags.