The GWCC has captains of individual teams.
Team captains use their leadership and inter-personal skills to help their team have a successful season and to communicate with the club. The team captain is responsible for both on-field and off-field activities. Team managers, where appointed, assist the captain with off-field activities. The team captain knows the Laws of Cricket and all rules of the local competition.
Team Captains assist the club by:
- Providing firm but fair leadership
- Ensuring team members attend practices
- Providing a scorer when necessary
- Promoting good team and club spirit
- Submitting match reports
- Sending match results to club officials or press for publication
- Entering scores into MyCricket
- Ensuring availability of on-field drinks
- Catering for afternoon tea in two-day matches
- Completing SCA match report forms on the myCricket website and sending them to the Sydney Cricket Association before the Wednesday after each match
- Completing team report on the season concluded and sending them to Jim Cattlin for inclusion in the Annual Report.
First Grade Captain
Second Grade Captain
Third Grade Captain
Brewers (U18) Captain